Monday, October 14, 2013

Homecoming Week!! Where's Your School Spirit?

  As Bulldogs, we are all aware that Homecoming Week was last week (October 7-12th). During last week's Homecoming, there were endless activities scheduled to entertain students and alumni. Events ranging from a Comedy Show, Concert, Fashion Show, and Stepshow/Afterparty. As a current student here at Bowie State Univeristy, I witnessed first-hand the large volume of students showing their school spirit. At the same time I saw those who were bipassing and continuing onto their rooms. So many students sat out of this weeks events. This brought me to wonder..why? Homecoming is supposed to be a time of celebration and representation of your institution. What makes one not want to be involved or a part of the weeks' activities? Is it the cost to attend events? Is it the tight-schedule between that and Midterms? Either way there is a high-volume of students who lack school spirit. I believe that no matter the circumstances, we all should be grateful and take advantage to be at an institution of higher learning. Celebrating with those who came before and those whom are there with you. I'm all about school spirit, and showing support to the institution you are a part of. H-OMEC-OMING... it's Homecoming yall! Hope everyone enjoyed and got their money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment